The Year in Review: Top Ten Law Bytes Podcast Episodes
Bill C-11 leads the way alongside privacy, security, Bill C-18, the Emergencies Act, and copyright
This week’s Law Bytes podcast features a look at the year in review along with some guesses at what lies ahead. Yesterday I highlighted the top ten posts on this site and the series of looking back wraps up today with the most streamed or downloaded Law Bytes podcast episodes of the year. Bill C-11 once again leads the way, though there are episodes on privacy, security, Bill C-18, the invocation of the Emergencies Act, and copyright. It is notable that the top episode of the year featured clips from the disastrous Bill C-11 clause-by-clause review in which MPs voted on over 100 amendments without public disclosure of their content, explanations, or debate.
1. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 131: The Bill C-11 Clause-by-Clause Review – What “An Affront to Democracy” Sounds Like
2. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 125: Sue Gardner on Journalism, the Internet Platforms, and the Online News Act
3. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 139: Florian Martin-Bariteau on the Artificial Intelligence and Data Act
4. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 114: The Citizen Lab’s Ron Deibert on Protecting Society from Surveillance Software
5. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 118: Leah West on the Canadian Government’s Invocation of the Emergencies Act
6. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 123: Darcy Michael on Why Bill C-11 Hurts Canada’s Digital First Creators
7. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 116: Is This Podcast a Program Subject to CRTC Regulation Under Bill C-11?
8. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 130: In Their Own Words – What the Canadian Heritage Committee Heard About Bill C-11 Harms
9. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 124: David Fraser on Negotiating a CLOUD Act Agreement Between Canada and the United States
10. The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 127: Lucie Guibault on Canada’s Approach to Copyright Term Extension
My thanks to all the incredible guests this year and to everyone who takes the time to listen. I’m particularly thrilled that all 151 episodes still generate significant streams even years after their debut.
Post originally appeared at https://www.michaelgeist.ca/2022/12/the-year-in-review-top-ten-law-bytes-podcast-episodes/
Find me on:
Thanks for reading Michael Geist! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.